What would you like to Ask Christine?

Ask Christine - How can I protect my investments if I lose my job?

Monday, 17th August 2015

This is a question I am always asked when discussing the possibility of investing in property.

Depending on how and why you lose your job, I suggest clients take out income protection insurance as a precaution (100% of which is tax deductible if you have an investment property).

I also suggest having at least three months' worth of mortgage repayments as your buffer.